Mucho Macs 'n stuff

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

WiFi


So I've been living in the dark ages for almost 2 weeks now. Well, not really, just without wireless. Man, that sucks! Having only one computer with internet access totally blows. Not having wireless for the laptops? That's just cruel and unusual. So I bought myself a new router today, a fancy LinkSys WRTG54. Why do I bring this up? Apparently it's a good router for networking your Macs (ie accessing your desktop from your laptop within your home network). But there is a caveat, it's kind of hard to set up on a Mac desktop. Shouldn't be a problem for me, I'll just run it through my PC. My Ubuntu Studio experiment is going to have to wait a while longer. Those fuckers at Newegg.com rejected my debit card like 50 million times. Don't know what the issue is there but the bottom line is my nifty DVD-RW with Lightscribe will not be shipping. Maybe next month. I can't wait to have all of my Macs online again! I love them so. I dig my Linux experiments but nothing compares to the Mac. Random thought there.
I also made some headway on my IBM ThinkPad. Apparently the BIOS battery is dead. It kept crashing and then it was giving me a real time system clock error. Understandable I guess, it is 8 years old. I need to stop by radioshack tonight to pick up a new one.

No comments: